Contact: Abby Strickland, KSO Director of Communications
865.521.2317 | email@example.com
The KSO is seeking an office intern to assist with administrative duties and assist at concerts and special events. This internship is unpaid but offers valuable experience in a nonprofit office environment and experience with arts administration including performances.
– Work in the office avg. 10-15 hours/week, including evening/weekend concerts (this is flexible)
– Attend various KSO events and take photos for social media*
– Perform various office tasks for multiple departments: education, development, communications, operations. Tasks include drafting press releases, filing, assisting with mailing projects, research projects, errands.
– Assist KSO staff in multiple ongoing projects; follow up with completed tasks
– Be a “helper” whenever needed – it depends on the day!
– Major/Interest in music/arts administration/orchestral management or some related field
– Strong written and verbal skills, takes initiative
– Ability to meet deadlines
– Wear many “hats” including assistance at the concert venue/outside the office
– Have reliable transportation, possibly running errands
– Have a working phone and ability to be “on call” during your intern hours
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office
*Opportunity to create online content such as video to tell stories within our organization. This internship can be catered to the student’s interests including but not limited to: interviewing musicians to highlight individuals and capturing education programs to show “KSO in action” to help further the mission and message of the organization.