Explore this Section
Eight pairs of Masterworks concerts performed Thursday and Friday evenings at the Tennessee Theatre; this series is sponsored by Moxley Carmichael.
After the events of the past year, sharing the details of the Knoxville Symphony Orchestra’s 2021-22 season – one we hope marks a return to normalcy and so much more – seems particularly gratifying for all of us. We will celebrate the enduring power of music, the remarkable resilience of our musicians and audiences, and the fact that this community
and its orchestra have thrived together for nearly 90 years.
It is with this sentiment in mind that Music Director Aram Demirjian carefully crafted the upcoming Moxley Carmichael Masterworks Series. You will
- Vivaldi’s The Four Seasons
- The fiery Symphonie Fantastique of Hector Berlioz
- Tchaikovsky’s emotional “Pathetique” Symphony
- Respighi’s picturesque Pines of Rome
- Mozart’s dazzling Piano Concerto No. 25
- Tchaikovsky’s crowd-pleasing Piano Concerto No. 1
- The anticipated world premiere of Michael Schachter’s Violin Concerto inspired by the Knoxville Museum of Art’s Cycle of Life installation
- Ravel’s hypnotic Bolero
When you renew your subscription, you’ll receive all eight Masterworks concerts for the price of six –which is like hearing Vivaldi’s “Four Seasons” and Beats and Bolero absolutely FREE.
Discounts up to 20% are available for groups of 10 or more! To bring your group to a KSO performance call the Box Office 865-291-3310.